The Carrot Onion Soup is a hearty soup made with a unique combination of ingredients. What is so new about combining carrot and onions? Look a little further to discover that this lovely soup also features apples, which brings about a beautiful balance in both flavour and texture.
Milk adds a dimension of richness to this awesome soup, while a seasoning of dried herbs gives it an aesthetic flavour. This zero-oil treat also gives you loads of protein and calcium from milk, and fibre and vitamin A from the carrot and apples.
Carrot Onion Soup recipe - How to make Carrot Onion Soup
Preparation Time: 16 mins, Cooking Time: 15 mins,
Total Time: 31 mins, Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (unpeeled)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
- freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to tast
- Heat the pressure cooker on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, apple, little salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the mixed herbs, milk, ½ cup of water, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.