A cup of hot Carrot Halwa served at the end of a meal is so heavenly that it makes you forget the meal itself.
Its unique texture and rich flavour linger in your palate and memory for a long time thereafter, overshadowing the glory of even the best Main Course!
Here we share a smart move with you. We show you how to use a wise combination of ingredients in the right proportions, to make this delicious dessert within minutes using the Microwave oven.
You no longer need to sweat in the kitchen for a long time, to make your favourite mithai...
Carrot Halwa ( Microwave) recipe
Preparation Time: 10 mins, Cooking Time: 15 mins,
Total Time: 25 mins, Makes 2 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 5 tbsp milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp mava (khoya)
- a pinch of cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat the ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the carrot, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, sugar and khoya, mix well and microwave on high for 12 minutes, while stirring every 2 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve warm.